Friday, October 12, 2007

How I feel about sports right now...



Baseball - sucks
Nobody wants to watch expansion teams in the playoffs....not even residents of those cities (I'm looking at you Phoenix). Boston and Cleveland...well, it could be worse or better. I am indifferent.

Football - blah
Middle of the season, very little excitement in the league unless you are a Dallas or New England fan (both of whom I despise). Sure, the Colts are undefeated, but with as good as they've been, we're spoiled here in Indy and are simply awaiting playoff time until things get interesting again.
Potential fun teams such as New Orleans, Chicago, Philadelphia have all been disappointing. There is an identity crisis among young potential superstars (where is Reggie Bush, LT, Carson Palmer?) I know everyone is a little tired of Manning on every commericial, even some of us Colts fans.

Hockey - are you kidding me? It's interesting in HD for about 30 seconds

Basketball - first of all I hate the NBA and don't even enjoy the regular season, why would I care about the preseason. I do enjoy College Basketball, so I am holding out for those preseason tourneys and then counting the days until March Madness and Spring Training, at which point I will be in a better mood.

I have been at a loss as to what to do with my free time at night this past week. Its been a while since I had to be so in tune with the Cubs so late in the season...so I am in the adjustment phase right now that I am normally in during August.

Anyway, don't expect tons of blogs from me upcoming...maybe I'll muster up one a week.

No comments: