Monday, August 27, 2007

Where have I been?

Its been quite a while since I had any significant posting on my blog. I apologize. I got a little busy with work and my brain has been in a literal lock of any unique thoughts.

I don't really know what to write about the Cubs. They're in first place. Great. But, I don't feel like we're playing anywhere near first place levels. The Brewers are awful. Anytime the Cards get real close we have been able to hold them off.

Soriano is back tomorrow. Man oh man do I hope he ignites us like he did last time he came off the DL and we went on our amazing run. Lou says he'll be back in the leadoff spot, but I am nervous and disagree. I had a quad injury my sophomore year of high school with soccer. After a few days everything would feel fine, but as soon as you step into the heat of competition and take that first "real" burst of speed or explosion...."POP"! You can not simulate full speed in practice, no matter what you do. I know he won't be stealing any bases....which makes me wonder why put him back at lead-off? Yes, I know he doesn't want to bat anywhere else. But Lou should trump him and say, sorry buddy. You aren't a speed threat right now, so you'll bat 2nd, 3rd, or 5th. Theriot is our speed threat and he should be batting leadoff.

Honestly, I'd like to see the following order: Theriot, Lee, Soriano, Ramirez as our first four. We need to try Lee somewhere other than #3. Maybe Soriano will like #3.

I hope I am wrong and I hope Soriano plays with a fury the last month of the season. Everyone knows we need him. Our offense has been anemic of late but I am quite impressed with our pitching. Still, we have lost a lot of low run scoring games. And that is just not fun. Its fun winning 2-1....not losing 2-1.

Its time to take another series from the Brewers.

Go Cubs Go.

No comments: